Saturday, December 13, 2014

The Hunted One by Meg Collett



If you like Angel books and you want a new twist on them read this series. You’ll enjoy this one. 

 The description of heaven was thorough and wonderful without being overly done. 

 Loved the angel pairs thing and how Michaela ( normally in angel books it would be Michael) was a female and the General of the Archangels of Heaven. 

I did not think I was going to finish it or even like it that much.This book started out slow but pretty dramatic. And I just did not like Michaela. Towards the end I got pulled more into it and I really enjoyed  the different take on the Heaven and Hell story and how she made the angels more flawed.  I also started liking Michaela for her flaws and the fact that when shit got tough she could have turned her back but she kept going ( even though she seemed to whine a lot).

I enjoyed learning about the Angel Hierarchy and what their roles are in heaven. 

Clark was probably my favorite character. He had his issues but he pushed through them to be with Michaela. He was always by her side  and I enjoyed reading about how their friendship grew. 

I like that Michaela and Gabriel’s relationship was not perfect as it was suppose to be since they were paired. I’m looking forward to reading more and seeing what happens here. I’m kind of hoping Michaela leaves him be because honestly toward the end I did not like Gabriel but I suppose “Hell changes an angel” maybe 

I’m hoping to see more of Loki and what his take is in all this. He seemed like a interesting character to me. I’m kind of hoping the end of the world happens so I can read more about the Horsemen. 

So, you have the end of the world, crazy angel experiments which lead to some screwed up angels and the issue with who to trust and the grey area of what is right and what is wrong, the person she loves is in hell, some of her friends are backstabbers and some are being used as examples.  And now the one person she can trust seems to have an alcohol issue and other issues of his own.  What is not to like about this book! I’m looking forward to reading the rest of the series and learning more about the Nephilim and The Watchers and what their part in all this is. I plan on starting book 2 tonight!

3.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment