Saturday, December 13, 2014

The Only One by Meg Collett



Meg Collett pulls you into this wonderful world where the end of days are nearing and all this horrible stuff is happening. She has a way of writing that makes you feel like you are there with the characters going through everything they are. My heart ached so much in this book ( especially for Loki probably should have for other characters but I adored Loki). I was experiencing all the bittersweet happiness that they did.

So much is sacrificed in this war and the story is just perfect. Everything all the characters had to do for the sake of getting heaven back to those who deserve it was heartbreaking. This book had me not wanting to put it down,at times trying to read as fast as possible to find out what happens and other times about to throw my kindle at frustration for some of the choices that was made. The conclusion was superb. I could of sworn at the end I was going to start crying ( not a normal thing for me to do when reading)

I really enjoyed this series. It seems like it would be a straight out bad vs good but it wasn't it was about acceptance, love, forgiveness. It was all about the grey area. The doing what is right even if it might be wrong. The characters were amazingly written and had such great individual personalities. I'll be honest I didn't think I'd like this series when I started the first book but it really pulled me in towards the end and the rest of the series kept a strong hold and I couldn't wait to read them.
I would recommend this to anyone who likes books about angels and anyone who likes romance. I've read books that were romance books before but this one seriously was one of the most lovingly romantic book I've ever read and not just in terms of Michaela and Gabriel's relationship but the friendships that grew between the characters and especially Michaela and Clarks friendship.

Can not wait to read more books by this author.

5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment