Saturday, January 3, 2015

Suicide Squad #1



Suicide Squad
by Adam Glass, Ryan Benjamin (Cover Artist), Frederico Dallocchio (Pencils/Inks), Ransom Getty (Pencils), Scott Hanna (Inks), Val Staples (Colorist)
4/5 Stars




Synopsis from Goodreads


They're a team of death-row super villains recruited by the government to take on missions so dangerous they're sheer suicide! Harley Quinn! Deadshot! King Shark! Defeated and imprisoned, they're being interrogated about their mission--and about who's pulling the strings behind this illegal operation.




My Review:


As I’ve said a few times before I’m new to reading graphic novels and comics, so some of these characters I’m coming in with little to no knowledge of their pasts.

I enjoyed this a lot. It’s about supervillans so its dark gritty and gory. you get a touch of their pasts and their individual personalities. I was kind of shocked how they seemed to throw away a couple super villains but bad guys are bad guys so back stabbing was going to happen. I think the storyline was wonderful and intriguing. Harley Quinn’s story is mostly covered and it was interesting to see how her and Joker came to be. I’m more interested in Deadshot though. I’d like to know what happens to him because at the end the predicament he got himself into at the beginning still sounded unresolved.

I was trying to find a nice way of saying I don’t care for oversexed way Harley Quinn looked I much prefer her older look that I saw on the cover of Harely Quinn Hot in the City or even back to the bodysuit. It has nothing to do with me thinking that all women shouldn’t be drawn scantily clad. By all means draw them how you see fit I’m here for the story. Its just when I picture her I picture her with a little more class. Thats the only thing I thought was negative.

Knowing a little about DC and super villains I came into it expecting gore ,dark story line and dark humor. I got that along with a great story.

Gritty, Gory, Dark, and Fun… I hope to get the next one soon.

~By the way did anyone else out there read this? What did you think?  If I liked this what should I read next? If you have a suggestion toss it in the comments below. ~



 

No comments:

Post a Comment