Friday, April 24, 2015

A Wicked Hunger (Creatures of Darkness #1) by Kiersten Fay







A Wicked Hunger
Creatures of Darkness #1
by Kiersten Fay







Synopsis from Goodreads:


A hundred years after vampires revealed themselves to the masses, the world is still recovering from the hysteria and war that devastated much of the Earth. And though peace has been brokered between the human and vampire nations, it is tumultuous at best.




Orphaned at the age of ten, Coraline Conwell has struggled to survive a turbulent existence growing up alone on the harsh streets. Until a wealthy man provides an escape from her vagrant life by offering his hand in marriage. Out of place in the upper-crust world, Cora has done her best to adapt to her new role as wife, but when her husband is brutally murdered, she is ripped from her secure life at the hands of the Vampire Enforcement Agency.




Now her survival teeters on the whim of a brutally handsome vampire named Mason as she is hunted by those who would see her dead. She must keep unwanted desires for the sexy vampire from leading her down a dangerous path while she discovers there is more to this world, and herself, than she could have ever imagined



My Review
3/5 Stars





So, i think this book started out interestingly but as I read even though there was action it go a little boring. Not enough for me to stop reading but kind of a lull where I kept thinking “ have I read this somewhere before?”. Even though there was some great action it just seemed way to familiar for me to enjoy it. BUT then we get to the end and things start getting interesting again. There is where we meet Knox and who he is keeping secret in the safe house that Cora and Mace hide out at. And we find out a secret about Cora. Also a possible betrayal in a tight nit group of vampires.




So for the first book in the series I found this good. The characters were relatively interesting the story flowed nicely even though it was rather…familiar ( I suppose thats the word I’d use). I enjoyed this authors other series ( Shadow Quest) a lot so I’m sure this series is going to be another one of hers that I’ll enjoy reading.






I don’t think you can really go wrong with this book if you like paranormal romance with vampires, decent action scenes, a few twists, humor, and of course the steamy romance scenes. I’m looking forward to picking up the next book in this series because by the end I could tell its going to get really good ( I hope).

No comments:

Post a Comment