Friday, April 10, 2015

Zita the Spacegirl ( Zita the Spacegirl #1 ) Legends of Zita the Spacegirl ( Zita the Spacegirl #2) The Return of Zita the Spacegirl ( Zita the Spacegirl #3) by Ben Hatke


I'm going to start off by saying this is a wonderful series that I think kids an adults will love. It has your action, sci-fi, adventure, humor, heart as well as some twists. Zita is an adorable main character who is like any kid leaps into things sometimes without thought of the consequences but she is brave, forgiving and has such a big heart. I absolutely adored Zita and her friends.  I found the artwork to be wonderfully done and beautiful.  This is definitely going down as one of my favorite kid friendly graphic novels that I will recommend to anyone who just wants an adorable quick fun read or has kids that just want to read a fun sci-fi adventure with fun characters.   








Zita the Spacegirl

Zita the Spacegirl #1
by Ben Hatke



Synopsis from Goodreads:


Zita’s life took a cosmic left turn in the blink of an eye.









When her best friend is abducted by an alien doomsday cult, Zita leaps to the rescue and finds herself a stranger on a strange planet. Humanoid chickens and neurotic robots are shocking enough as new experiences go, but Zita is even more surprised to find herself taking on the role of intergalactic hero. Before long, aliens in all shapes and sizes don’t even faze her. Neither do ancient prophecies, doomed planets, or even a friendly con man who takes a mysterious interest in Zita’s quest.









Zita the Spacegirl is a fun, captivating tale of friendship and redemption from Flight veteran Ben Hatke. It also has more whimsical, eye-catching, Miyazaki-esque monsters than you can shake a stick at





My Review:
4/5 Stars





There are some kids books that I see and think this is too cute I have to read it! This was one of those.




A little girl and her friend find a spot where a meteor has hit and in the hole is a red button. Of course when you are confronted with a big red button what do you do? PUSH IT! When this happens her friend get abducted by aliens! Its up to Zita to save her friend!




I found this to be a cute entertaining adventure. Zita comes across some new friends including a huge mouse, a man called Piper who seems to either be some kind of crazy inventor, a blasterbot, a robot, and a Strongman type alien. Zita portrays bravery and kindness in her adventure to save her friend and even forgiveness when she is betrayed by one of her new friends.




I found the artwork to be well done and cute. The story was a fun, fast paced, humorous, sci-fi adventure.






So of course I’d recommend this to kids who like a fun sci-fi adventure and for adults who would like to read an adorable fun book. I also found it to be a fun book to read along with my 5 year old since some of the words were easy for him to read but there were still some he struggled with. So a great family read.












Legends of Zita the Spacgirl
(Zita the Space Girl #2)
by Ben Hatke










Synopsis from Goodreads:


Zita must find her way back to earth...but her space adventures have made her a galactic megastar! Who can you trust when your true self is overshadowed by your public image? And to make things worse...Zita's got a robot double making trouble--while wearing her face!



My Review
5/5 Stars





Of course I had to continue the otherworldly adventures with Zita and her friends! She’s now famous and everyone wants her autograph and be just like her! When she comes across a robot who mimics her image and is willing to take over fame duty so Zita can get a break. But… this robot is making trouble and now Zita is wanted.




More fun with returning characters and new ( including RingMistress who seems to have a past with Piper). I love the villains in this story. Honestly I just love this story Zita is just brave and sweet and has no problem giving second chances.




Fun space adventure with adorable characters, great artwork and a fun story.










The Return of Zita the Spacegirl.

( Zita The Spacegirl #3)

by Ben Hatke




Synopsis from Goodreads:


Ben Hatke brings back our intrepid space heroine for another delightful sci-fi/fantasy adventure in this New York Times‑Bestselling graphic novel trilogy for middle grade readers.



Zita the Spacegirl has saved planets, battled monsters, and wrestled with interplanetary fame. But she faces her biggest challenge yet in the third and final installment of the Zita adventures. Wrongfully imprisoned on a penitentiary planet, Zita has to plot the galaxy's greatest jailbreak before the evil prison warden can execute his plan of interstellar domination!



My Review

5/5 Stars





Zita is wrongfully imprisoned along with her faithful mouse buddy! A mysterious someone is helping Zita break out of jail. Who is this? Why would they help Zita?



Characters from the past books come together to rescue Zita and Pizzicato. Will Zita’s rescuer betray her when they find out that they can get something they want from the warden?




Another fun space adventure that I adored. I love these characters and the story was fun. I’ve read that there are no plans for more Zita the Spacegirl books but judging by the ending I hope not. It has an ending which seems to be left open for more fun adventures! I love this series and would gladly read more. ( Even if it is for kids)




This author is becoming one when I talk books for kids with other parents I tell them to pick this series up the artwork is beautiful the characters are fun and the story is full of heart, adventure, humor, action and fun.




I liked after the story how we got the background on how Zita came to be.







Again, fun action packed space adventure with lots of heart, humor, and twists. And while I wait and hope for more Zita the Spacegirl I do believe I’ll be picking up other books this author has wrote he has such a fun imagination that I think kids as well as adults will like.







No comments:

Post a Comment