Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Desperate Duchesses (Desperate Duchesses #1 )By Eloisa James










Desperate Duchesses
Desperate Duchesses #1
Eloisa James







Synopsis from Goodreads:






"Welcome to a world of reckless sensuality and glittering sophistication...of dangerously handsome gentlemen and young ladies longing to gain a title . . . of games played for high stakes, including--on occasion--a lady's virtue."

A marquess's sheltered only daughter, Lady Roberta St. Giles falls in love with a man she glimpses across a crowded ballroom: a duke, a game player of consummate skill, a notorious rakehell who shows no interest in marriage--until he lays eyes on Roberta.

Yet the Earl of Gryffyn knows too well that the price required to gain a coronet is often too high. Damon Reeve, the earl, is determined to protect the exquisite Roberta from chasing after the wrong destiny.

Can Damon entice her into a high-stakes game of his own, even if his heart is likely to be lost in the venture?





My review
3/5






I think I like Eloisa James Fairy Tale series better. 




This one had a cute story and some witty banter. I liked the characters and how chess was all the rage. 




Roberta was kind of ehh, but she had her moments where I found her to be funny. 




Adored the Early of Gryffyn he was well written and he and his son where very entertaining. 




I think I enjoyed Jemma and Elijah more than the other characters and I want to know how their story plays out. 




I think the book seemed to do well in setting up the characters for the rest of the series. 






Cute story, there were points where I felt I had to push myself to continue but it was worth the read and it seems to have set up the series nicely by introducing some intriguing characters that I’d like to read more about. I’m looking forward to continuing this series especially when I get to Jemma and Elijah’s story.

No comments:

Post a Comment