Monday, July 13, 2015

The Ugly Duchess Fairy Tales #4 by Eloisa James








The Ugly Duchess
Fairy Tales #4
by Eloisa James




Synopsis from Goodreads:



Theodora Saxby is the last woman anyone expects the gorgeous James Ryburn, heir to the Duchy of Ashbrook, to marry. But after a romantic proposal before the prince himself, even practical Theo finds herself convinced of her soon-to-be duke's passion.




Still, the tabloids give the marriage six months.




Theo would have given it a lifetime... until she discovers that James desired not her heart, and certainly not her countenance, but her dowry. Society was shocked by their wedding; it's scandalized by their separation.




Now James faces the battle of his lifetime, convincing Theo that he loved the duckling who blossomed into the swan.




And Theo will quickly find that for a man with the soul of a pirate, All's Fair in Love — or War.





My Review
3/5 Stars






I don’t read many historical romance books ( this actually might be the only historical romance author I read) , but I enjoy what this author writes and she easily became one that I love to read. 




At the beginning I found this story to be fun. I liked the interaction between Daisy/Theo and James. I loved Theo and I adored how James always stood up for her. There was a lot of witty banter and just great interaction between the characters. 




When James married Daisy for all the wrong reasons I was well disgusted and heartbroken for her. But, he did love her so I thought well maybe that all in good. Then I realized there was a lot of story left and I knew something huge was going to happen. 




Of course Theo found out the one reason James married her ( for her money) and kicked his butt out. The dude left for like 7 years! Theo took care of everything ( The land and building their money back up) and had to put up with the constant scrutiny of why James left ( He found her too ugly was the consensus). She was a slightly OCD but everything ran smoothly. Then when she’s thinking of moving on and that James might possibly never come back OF COURSE he comes back at the wore possible time. So now Theo is wanting to get a divorce ( He’s been gone forever and he was unfaithful during those times so of course she’d want the divorce.) But while James was away he decided he loved Theo and wanted her back. Dude was trying everything to get her back and of course Theo falls for it and they get they HEA. 




So, I liked the story it was funny at parts and heartbreaking and as always this authors is great at getting my emotions involved. But, man, I did not want Theo to give in. I do enjoy second chance romances sometimes and I’m glad they got there HEA but seriously 7 years and not a word then waltz’s back in all bad a** looking and wanting her to stay with him. Maybe it should have been a little longer I think she should have kicked his butt out again and he’d have to woo her when they were not “stuck” in the same house. 






Great Story, Wonderful characters, Great dialogue. It had some funny parts and heartbreaking parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment