Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Beautiful Disaster ( Beautiful #1) by Jamie McGuire





Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful #1
by Jamie McGuire




Synopsis



The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand. 




Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.





My Review
4/5 Stars






Ehhh.. So I started out liking Abby she was trying to change the image that she had back in her home town and trying to become something more than what she would have been. I even liked Travis albeit he was the everyone wants me wham bam one night stand smart aleck flirtatious guy. He seemed sweet and he was funny and totally loyal to his friend. 




Now when Travis started trying to win Abbys affection he was still kind of cute but slowly he became obsessive and honestly kind of scary. There were points where I was like “ Dude, Abby, you got to get out of there. That is not healthy.” As I continued reading and there were times where Abby did get away from him and I wanted to clap but of course he promises to behave himself and she forgives him. 




Towards the end I liked them again even though I thought they whole relationship was a “Disaster” but I think thats how it was supposed to be hence the title of the book. It didn’t seem like the most healthiest of relationships and I didn’t like how aggressive he was but some people take their anger out like that. He was rather dependent and jealous of her but towards the end he seemed to work things out until her was a sweet devoted guy. And Abby after I kept thinking she was stupid for staying with him and being so upset about her past then what she did to him on Thanksgiving I didn’t think I’d every forgive her but she came through and I liked her sassy head strong persona again. 




Anyway so as I can see why some people would not like this book and would not find the relationship to be a good one. I liked the story I had love/hate relationships with the characters which I think is a good for a story to play on my feelings for the characters and their situations. Could I relate to Abby probably not I’d probably be more like her roommate pointing out what a disaster her relationship is but being that it still didn’t make me enjoy Travis and Abby’s story any less. In fact I’m reading Walking Disaster and plan on reading Beautiful Oblivion to read more about the Maddox brothers. 






Humor filled, heart wrenching moments, hot scenes, fighting and characters I feel you can easily lost yourself reading about.

No comments:

Post a Comment