Friday, September 18, 2015

Crane ( The Legends Saga #1) By Stacey Rourke


Crane ( The Legends Saga #1)
by Stacey Rourke








Synopsis from Goodreads:


The Horseman is unending,

his presence shan’t lessen.

If you break the curse,

you become the legend.





Washington Irving and Rip Van Winkle had no choice but to cover up the deadly truth behind Ichabod Crane’s disappearance. Centuries later, a Crane returns to Sleepy Hollow awakening macabre secrets once believed to be buried deep.




What if the monster that spawned the legend lived within you?




Now, Ireland Crane, reeling from a break-up and seeking a fresh start, must rely on the newly awakened Rip Van Winkle to discover the key to channeling the darkness swirling within her. Bodies are piling high and Ireland is the only one that can save Sleepy Hollow by embracing her own damning curse.




But is anyone truly safe when the Horseman rides?






My Review
4/5 Stars





Love the cover! Might be one of my all time favorites!







Taking on one of my favorites and throwing in some fun twists. I think the author did a wonderful job.




At first I was a little taken aback by the jumping to the past and present but the author kept it by chapter so it was easy for me to get use to and it added more to the story reading about what happened in the past and how it related to the present of what is happening ( at least in my opinion)




I liked all the characters. Ireland at the beginning was not one of my favorites ( That would be Rip) but more towards the end she some how grew on my and I found her sarcasm to be rather funny. Noah was interesting if not suspicious character at the end though he I think really showed his true colors.




The story in general was great. The retelling of it and the mystery of who was killing the people of Sleepy Hollow was fun and kept me turning the pages.






All in all a wonderful retelling of a great legend with some awesome characters that you’ll recognize. Funny and some great action scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment