Monday, October 5, 2015

Chaser ( Bad Habits #2) by Staci Hart









Chaser
Bad Habits #2
by Staci Hart





Synopsis :


Everyone knows you should never say never.




Cooper Moore never saw Maggie Williams coming. She was just his best friend’s little sister, the curly-haired, freckle-faced girl from Mississippi who was absolutely off limits. And he never thought about her any other way — not until he saw her that night, broken and brave. From that moment on, he knew he’d do whatever it took to protect her, even if it meant he had to stay away. 




Maggie never expected to find her fiancĂ© banging her maid of honor an hour before she was set to walk down the aisle, but life’s funny that way. The only option to save her sanity is to get the hell out of Jackson and move to New York where her brother lives. The only downside: Cooper is there too. And she just doesn’t know if she can stay away from him — the filthy rich, dead sexy playboy who’s allergic to commitment. 




The second Maggie sees him again, she realizes he’ll be impossible to resist. Luckily, commitment is the last thing on her mind, and Cooper is the perfect escape. As long as she can keep her heart in check, everything will be just fine. Because she can never have feelings for him. Or at least that’s what she’ll keep telling herself. 




Chaser is a standalone romantic comedy and book 2 of the Bad Habits series. 




My Review:
5/5 Stars





* Got this ARC for my HONEST review*




Completely adorable.  




Maggie is West’s little sister and has come to live in NY after what happened at her wedding. She’s sweet and has a broken heart and doesn’t want to commit to anyone. 




Cooper is West’s ( Maggies big brother) best friend and he just happens to be a rich, sexy, playboy who doesnt seem interested in a commitment. ( He also has a secret , which some around him might not be able to accept)




I liked Maggie in With a Twist and I absolutely adored Cooper so having these two in a no ties relationship was something I had to read. 




This book started out with a bang and continued to play with my heart strings. The relationship between these two just pulled out a stupid smile from me. They were just too cute. Even if it was just a few week no ties/no dating relationship. I loved the banter and their non dates. I adored the way Cooper pulled out his charming smile for everything and how he would wile his way into getting Maggie to do stuff with him even though she was determined to keep him at arms length ( which after what she’s been through and Coopers playboy status I can understand why). 




Not only do you get Maggies and Coopers story but we get to see more of West and Lily along with a little more background on Rose and Tricky ( which to be honest is the story I’m waiting for.) also along with Astrid and her secret man Sam ( what is going on there?!) . There is also Ash ( Coopers friend) who may just be a background character but I’m wondering if there is more to him than constant partier/ playboy. And what about Maggies friend from MS and the chef at the place she works ( so many characters I want to know more about!) 




This book made played with my emotions. I was laughing, frustrated and at one point I could have had a tear in my eye. 






Love the characters, love the emotions, love the humor and heartbreak. I just adore this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment