Monday, November 9, 2015

Let's Pretend This Never Happened ( Mostly True Memoir) by Jenny Lawson





Let’s Pretend This Never Happened ( Mostly True Memoir) Audible version
by Jenny Lawson













Synopsis from Goodreads:



Audie Award Nominee, Humor, 2013




For fans of Tina Fey and David Sedaris - Internet star Jenny Lawson, aka The Bloggess, makes her literary debut. 




Jenny Lawson realized that the most mortifying moments of our lives - the ones we'd like to pretend never happened - are in fact the ones that define us. In Let's Pretend This Never Happened, Lawson takes listeners on a hilarious journey recalling her bizarre upbringing in rural Texas, her devastatingly awkward high school years, and her relationship with her long-suffering husband, Victor. 




Chapters include: "Stanley the Magical, Talking Squirrel", "A Series of Angry Post-It Notes to My Husband", "My Vagina Is Fine. Thanks for Asking", and "And Then I Snuck a Dead Cuban Alligator on an Airplane".








My Review:
5/5 Stars









I usually listen to audiobooks about Linguistics or History of Human Language or something that I can’t see myself actually reading continuously but something I can put my brain in lecture mode and listen to while cleaning or driving. 




I chose this book for a lecture mode break. I loved it.. I loved it so much I wish I would have read the book but then I wouldn’t have been able to listen to Jenny Lawson read it and listen to her go on her tangents ( I hope those are in the book but if not grab the audio its worth it)




The author makes the most grandiose stories out of something simple that happened and I love it! I enjoyed listening about her social awkwardness and all the crazy stuff that comes out of her mouth. I enjoyed it so much that I would rewind it and make my husband listen to a chapter I just finished. But it wasn’t just the crazy it was also the deep sentimental parts that I enjoyed. 




I can’t tell you how many times I laughed out loud ( most embarrassing is when I was laughing out loud at the gym and had to look around to make sure people were not looking at me crazy. That happened a lot). How many times I just sat in my car after getting home just to keep listening. When it got to the end I was upset that it was over. 




I think the best part was not only the funny stuff that made me laugh but she was so darn relatable. Some things she talked about I was like “ Oh my gosh she gets me!” or “ We might have came from the same town.” . When she talked about her and Victor I could see some aspects of my husband and I. 






Funny, crazy, relatable, honest and sometimes heartbreaking. Excellent audible book. One I will recommend to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment