Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Shelly Frasier (Narrator), Mary Roach (Goodreads Author)






Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers
by Shelly Frasier (Narrator), Mary Roach (Goodreads Author)







Synopsis from Goodreads:






A contagiously cheerful exploration of the cruel diligences executed on some of our bodies when, after death, we abandon them on the threshold of their graves, this book shows us cadavers turned into carcasses and scientific experiments, the deceased who contribute to the progress of medicine with perforated genitals and extracted eyes, flesh flung from airplanes or shot with bullets to verify the efficiency of new weapons, and discards crucified like Jesus or devoured by maggots. Mary Roach has written a book that explores the great beyond in order to show us the more visible and deplorable side of the next life.








My Review:
5/5 Stars





So I loved this audiobook. It was gross ,funny, intriguing and the narrator was perfect.




We get a look into cadavers the importance of them and their jobs through the years till now. The story is told with humor and so in depth about different aspects of the body after it passes on that I switch from laughing to gagging at points. There is such an interesting history about cadavers and what they were used for and how those who used them would get them. And then all the things that they are used for today. 




I’m not sure if the book had pictures but I’m glad I opted for the audio version because I don’t think I could handle the pictures.






Interesting read, made the history of cadavers intriguing and something I wanted to listen to even with the cringe worthy/ gagging moments. I’m defiantly going to be grabbing some more books/audiobooks by this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment