Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Taking Chances (Taking Chances #1) Molly McAdams






Taking Chances
(Taking Chances #1)
Molly McAdams







Synopsis from Goodreads:


Her first year away is turning out to be nearly perfect, but one weekend of giving in to heated passion will change everything.

Eighteen-year-old Harper has grown up under the thumb of her career marine father. Ready to live life her own way and to experience things she's only ever heard of from the jarheads in her father's unit, she's on her way to college at San Diego State University.

Thanks to her new roommate, Harper is introduced to a world of parties, gorgeous guys, family, and emotions. She finds herself being torn in two as she quickly falls in love with both her new boyfriend, Brandon, and her roommate's brother, Chase. Despite their dangerous looks and histories, both men adore Harper and would do anything for her, including taking a step back if it would mean she'd be happy







My Review:
1/5 Stars



Ohh.. I really wanted to like it. I’ve been wanting to read something by this author for awhile and I saw this was available in my library so I took a chance…. 




I didn’t like Harper. I just couldn’t and it had nothing to do with the choices she made I just couldn’t like the character. Maybe it was because everyone adored her or maybe it was she was kind of a hypocrite. 




As for the guys.. Well Brandon was sweet mountain of a gentleman while Chase was the tattooed bad boy with the artistic sweet side.. He was misunderstood. And you know what that is fine with me. A lot of stories have these guys and I enjoy reading those stories. I actually enjoyed reading about these guys. I think they fell a little to fast and a little too strong but whatever its the story. Carter, I actually liked Carter of course he fell for the beautiful ever perfect Harper and got hurt he made some mistakes and acted immature but I liked him in the end. 




I didn’t like the story. I’m all for second chance stories. Sometime they come off as sweet and you’re like “Yay! they forgive each other and are happy together now YAY!” but towards the end of this one I could have cared less what happened to these characters. 




I suppose the Happily Ever After ending was cute… I like those sometimes. I kind of wish Harper wasn’t a part of it but whatever she was the main character and I suppose no matter my dislike she deserved an HEA. 




I have to say at times though even if I didn’t care for this book it played with my emotions ( not as severely as some books but a little tugging here and there) 




I can see others enjoying this book. It has your love triangle. It can definitely tug at the heart strings at times. A big twist in the middle with a HEA ending. I just couldn’t get into it but I did finish it. 






I’ve heard a lot of good things about this author and I’m going to try another series she wrote when I get in the mood for this kind of book again. I really wanted to like this one but sadly I didn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment